Improvement of services available by citizen card in Jelgava and Siauliai" “e-Card
The Interreg V-A Latvia – Lithuania Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 Project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund LLI - 152 "Improvement of services available by citizen card in Jelgava and Siauliai" “e-Card”
Overall objective of the project is to improve effectiveness of providing and administrating public services, by strengthening capacity of municipal institutions and structures, as well as increasing usage of city cards in Jelgava and Siauliai, i.e. including and centralizing municipal services foreseen for citizens in city e-card, as well as ensuring possibility to use these services cross-border.
In accordance with the objectives of the program, it will contribute to the sustainable and cohesive socioeconomic growth of Zemgale region, helping Jelgava and Siauliai to become competitive cities, attractive for living and working, by centralizing the administration of public services, improving access to public services and its efficiency, as well as improving the quality of life of local residents.
There are 2 partners involved in implementation of this project – Jelgava city council (lead partner) and Siauliai city municipality administration.
Project overall objectives:
- Development and improving of municipal process of e-services, elaboration of interactive information and communication IT solutions for modernization and optimization of existing municipal services;
- Increasing the number of residents using municipal services or number of City Card users by ensuring better compliance with the needs of the people and better access to municipal services;
- Integration of common services for Siauliai and Jelgava cities residents. As closely located cities, both municipalities are interested in cooperation allowing the owner of one city card to use it and benefit in both cities, for example for transport payments, museums etc.;
- Development of cross-border cooperation between municipalities and residents by development of options of City Cards developing common solutions and mutually interesting applications.
Project main outputs:
- During cross border cooperation of 2 municipalities there will be improved public services linked with allowances and discounts offered by municipality and so access to services is linked to citizen Card with improved and new e-modules;
- Increase of the number of City Card users;
- Cross border cooperation will improve - both on level of municipality and their institutions, and citizens.
Project budget summary is EUR 584 230.24, including ERDF Co-Financing (85%): 496 595.70 EUR
Project duration: from 03.04.2017 till 02.09.2019.
Link to the Programme website www.latlit.eu
Link to the official EU website www.europa.eu